Thursday, March 25, 2010

Eggsellent

This is the first batch. Second batch will be completely different...

I'm doing a lot of different eggs this year. Eggs that we will keep for following years so I don't have to torture myself anymore. This egg decorating isn't all it's "cracked" up to be! :)

Anyway...the nice thing about this was it didn't matter how big my hole was when I was blowing out the stuff inside. (PS thank you Bubba for enjoying those eggs).

I used colored tissue paper. I actually mixed a little paint color in with the Hodge Podge. Had I thought about it...I would have used maybe like the purple paint with the pink tissue paper...giving it a different look. Or the yellow on the green or green on the yellow. Just something to give it a different feel. Anyway...I didn't think of it. So this is it. And now I'm really thinking of hanging them from ribbon....and if I do, I'll post those pictures later.

The best way to do this...do one side at at time. Allow to dry (under a fan shouldn't take but about 10 minutes). Do other side. If not...you will become one big sticky mess. I attempted this with my six year old and we were almost stuck together by the time we were finished. I'm serious too....LOL

I'll post better pictures in the morning. The lighting tonight isn't great and I'm tired...so forgive me for the one shot!

10 comments:

  1. Love the eggs. I love being different too. :)
    Following you back. Thank you. :) Happy Friday
    http://littleyayasandblessed.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love working on new crafty things. Today is a rainy day here so maybe I can do something fun with the kids! Happy Follow Friday!

    http://www.couponclippinmommy.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are so cute. I wish I were creative.

    ReplyDelete
  4. new follower from ff. have a great one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea! I love how they turned out!! Stopping by from Friday Follow. Cute blog. Looking forward to seeing more fun stuff ;) Oh, and now I am a follower too! Come stop by and say hi back.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Here from FF

    Take a minute to check out my blog
    I Have a Misikko Hana flat Iron Giveaway Going over 100 dollar package

    ethertonphotography.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome. I'm your newest follower from FF. Can't wait to read more, stop by my blog sometime! Happy FF!

    -K

    http://mypottyseat.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cute! I love easter eggs! Found you from friday follow, hope to see you around.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Katie is this your main blog ? Im here for you

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous! I'm jealous of people with such creative juices...I cant accessorize an outfit like no other..does that count?

    ReplyDelete