Wednesday, March 31, 2010
First off...let me just say how happy I am on who Blue Cricket is featuring this week...Last week I had a really bad experience with some local charmers (from a different company) and no offense to their company and them but the personalities just turned me off and I walked away really wanting to buy...but just couldn't do it.
So...to see this company http://lilylane.com/Welcome.html I'm thrilled beyond words....they do exactly what the other company did but...one thing I did notice, they are a little less expensive! But, they guarantee their quality so don't confuse yourself that just because they are cheaper - they would be made cheaper. Just be happy that there is another company doing these at a better price (and with smiling faces!)
They have other charms too...not just photo charms. But, I personally LOVE the photo charms for Mother's Day ideas!!! :)
So thank you Blue Cricket Design and Thank you LilyLane! I'm happy today!
Monday, March 29, 2010
This was a stamp used with water colors. I'm still trying to decide if I like water colors....ugh. They are pretty...but if you don't get it just right - it bleeds...and you have to have special paper...or it doesn't work. Pain in the you know what. But, I still enjoy it!
We did a test run on these today. I'm making them for the Kentucky Derby party in May and I wanted to make sure they would taste okay. Naturally, I started my "gotta get thin by this summer" quest today...so I was only able to take one bite... :( But, they did taste great. I packed them all up (with exception of two - one for each of my skinny kids) and sent them to my mom's office. And then she got mad because they are all dieting there too! LOL
Oh well.... :)
Thursday, March 25, 2010
I'm doing a lot of different eggs this year. Eggs that we will keep for following years so I don't have to torture myself anymore. This egg decorating isn't all it's "cracked" up to be! :)
Anyway...the nice thing about this was it didn't matter how big my hole was when I was blowing out the stuff inside. (PS thank you Bubba for enjoying those eggs).
I used colored tissue paper. I actually mixed a little paint color in with the Hodge Podge. Had I thought about it...I would have used maybe like the purple paint with the pink tissue paper...giving it a different look. Or the yellow on the green or green on the yellow. Just something to give it a different feel. Anyway...I didn't think of it. So this is it. And now I'm really thinking of hanging them from ribbon....and if I do, I'll post those pictures later.
The best way to do this...do one side at at time. Allow to dry (under a fan shouldn't take but about 10 minutes). Do other side. If not...you will become one big sticky mess. I attempted this with my six year old and we were almost stuck together by the time we were finished. I'm serious too....LOL
I'll post better pictures in the morning. The lighting tonight isn't great and I'm tired...so forgive me for the one shot!
Wednesday, March 24, 2010
Friday, March 19, 2010
Thursday, March 18, 2010
Tuesday, March 16, 2010
I actually started this project with Garden Variety in mind...but then, I pulled out the Early Bird and it kind of all got combined together. That is the nice thing about Cosmo, they all go well together. The above picture is from the front of the recipe box.
Sunday, March 14, 2010
Last week we were out of town all day. Bubba (our dog) was actually feeling under the weather. I had asked a good friend to come by and check on him while we were out and she ended up taking him back to her house. I made a little card from Bubba for her...
In it, he thanked her for taking care of him while we were out. He is such a thoughtful little puppy!! LOL
Saturday, March 13, 2010
Because of circumstances that happened this week, I wasn't home at all yesterday...so I've extended my giveaway for another week. So...till NEXT Friday. So, leave a comment here about your favorite season. It is a box of over 100 pieces of 12X12 scrapbook paper. I've got a better description in later posts. There are actually probably closer to 200 sheets but I didn't count over 100...good collection though!
Wednesday, March 10, 2010
I thought it would be fun to add this on here. I do this on my family blog and thought I'd put it on here today.
My friend, Susan posted this from another site. So, I'm joining in the fun too. The 2nd cup of Coffee picture above is the original poster of the Dozen.
So, are you ready to play Plinko?Definition of plink: "Plinking refers to informal target shooting done at non-traditional targets such as tin cans, glass bottles, and balloons filled with water." Plinko is also a carnival game we play at Oneighty, but pot-luck shots fits this meme better, I think.So here are your random plinko questions lined up in a row just like tin cans:
1. How old is the oldest pair of shoes in your closet? Wow....um, I actually have a pair of boots I refuse to get rid of ... they were probably only worn a few times but I bought them about 11 years ago -Each time I gather clothes and shoes from my closet to give away, I pass those up...why, I don't know. I need to just let.go.
2. Did you buy Girl Scout cookies this year? If so, what variety? Yes, I bought Thin Mints! :)
3. Do you know how to ballroom dance? If not, would you like to? No, but I'd LOVE to take lessons.
4. Were you a responsible child/teenager? Yeah, I'd like to think I was. I babysat a lot but I also didn't do anything too wild and crazy.
5. How many of this year's Oscar-nominated movies did you see? I saw almost all of them. Do I need a life, yes. :)
6. If you're going to have a medical procedure done, such as having blood drawn, is it easier for you to watch someone else having the procedure done or have it done yourself? It's WAY easier for me to get it done then to watch it being done. Especially watching it being done on my kids. I can't handle that at all...but certainly can do it myself with no problem.
7. What is your favorite day of the week and why? I love Sundays. The music, the celebration of the day, the relaxation of the day and it is usually spent with family.
8. Do you miss anyone right now? I miss my granddaddy, it's been about a month since I've seen him but I will get to see him Friday. :)
9. Do hospitals make you queasy? Yes, I don't like any part of the hospital.
10. At which store would you like to max-out your credit card. Not that you ever would, you responsible person, you. Um...wow, this is tough. Probably either Pottery Barn (including both PB & PBK) or.....Ann Taylor. I could do some serious damage in either store..but thankfully, I love bargins so if I was going to max it out, I'd get the most out of my money! :)
11. Are you true to the brand names of products/items? Eh, it depends. I've found that with kids clothes...Im beginning to be more true to brands. Only because it really shows a true test of wash and wear when you buy quality. But, as loyal as I am to certain brands....I cringe at the thought of paying full retail price, so I am really good about shopping around and getting the best deal possible. I'm not a spontaneous "gotta have it now" type of shopper!
12. Which is more difficult: looking into someone’s eyes when you are telling someone how you feel, or looking into someone’s eyes when he/she is telling you how he/she feels? Hmmm....depends on what they have to say :) Just kidding. I'm an eye person. I like to talk to someone and look at them in the eyes. I also like to look at their eyes when they are talking to me, But, I am usually shy when someone is telling me how they feel about me. I get all gushy when Jim goes on and on about how much he loves me (haha)
OK ... ready, aim, PLINK and LINK!
Sunday, March 7, 2010
I can't wait to use this paper for farm pictures and whatnot - I see recipe cards, pages, cards and all kinds of other goodies in my near future!
This was obviously the Garden Variety along with a ClearArtStamps.com "get well" stamp.
This is my first ever Giveaway...exciting, yes I know. Try to hold back your joy while you read this! LOL
Spring cleaning has hit my house....along with that came cleaning out of my scrapbook paper supply. The last time I did this, I gave my left over paper to the kids...which somehow ended up back with my stuff. So, this time....I'm GIVING it away. I stuffed a box till it wouldn't let me stuff it any more full of 12X12 paper. Some double sided, some single sided. Papers for every day and Papers for special days. Some parts of paper decks, some that I just bought extra of because I really liked it. I was being over run by extra paper and as a thank you for following me and/or supporting me, I'm giving one lucky person this box.
What do you need to do to win? Just leave me a comment. Tell me how awesome I am .... just kidding, just say Hi or tell me what season is your favorite. I'll close up shop on Friday, March 12th at 6pm. Leave as many comments as you wish...you'll get extra credit if you link back to my giveaway on your page (just let me know) and the winner will be picked by random generator online. I meant to take a picture of all the paper but I got ahead of myself in cleaning and already taped up the box. If you are just starting out with scrapbooking or maybe you just want to add to your collection, here ya go!
If no one wants this box...I'll just sell it on eBay...but I'd rather give it away to someone I know would love it as much as I would!
Thanks! And Good LUCK!