Saturday, May 2, 2009

Learning the Basics

So, Olivia had the ABCs on flashcards which were on a ring...and then she figured out how to get them off and we ended up losing a letter here or there...so I figured, what the heck, I'm going to MAKE her something becasue she really enjoys learning and reading. Madison had an photo album that she wasn't using any more (thanks Aunt Jenny) and I thought, hmmm....I could put flash cards in there...4X6 not bad. And then it all came together. Melissa had a 12X12 animal sheet with their faces on there, so I cut those out to use...and then I realized that I had zoo pictures and along with the Cricut...it became a themed book. Amazing huh? Melissa also gave me the great idea to take chipboard for the inside and wrap with paper and then attach a bow between teh book and the chipboard so that it could shut. Thankfully, I happen to have all sorts of craft stuff laying around so with a little gluegun and patience...this was the final product. I am going to add more colors and shapes. I may even do a little more with the numbers because I still have empty pages at the end of the book. My hope is that she will continue to learn with this book and one day be able to show use it with her kids....wishful thinking? I took just a few pictures from pages to give you an idea of what it looks like.
















No comments:

Post a Comment